Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid

Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has insisted that he does not regret his decision to leave Real Madrid this summer after revealing he was unhappy at the club.

The prolific striker, 25, netted over 100 goals in La Liga during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu side, yet often had to settle for a place on the bench during his final season, which culminated in his decision to depart in a €40 million deal.

"I had some great moments at Real Madrid, but also moments of unhappiness," the Argentina international told La Sexta.

"I suffered because I wasn't always playing. Sometimes [Karim] Benzema started and then I got the chance to prove my worth again.

"I will always be grateful to the Madrid fans, though. They showed me a lot of affection during my seven years at the club."

Higuain has netted once in two Serie A games for Napoli so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment