Thiago Silva rules out PSG exit

The 28-year-old has dismissed rumours surrounding a possible move to Barcelona, pledging his allegiance to the Ligue 1 outfit and owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi
Thiago Silva has rubbished claims he will leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer amid interest fromBarcelona.

The Brazil defender, 28, has been heavily linked with the Blaugrana, who see him as the main target to shore up an ageing backline.

But Thiago insists he will honour his contract with les Parisiens.

“There’s always this kind of speculation during the transfer period,” he told L’Equipe

“I felt flattered because it means that my work with PSG is appreciated, but these things are normal. 

“I am happy with PSG and the club is happy with me. There was no reason to jump ship. I appreciate president Nasser Al-Khelaifi as a friend, and I want to honour him. 

“In fact, I am buying more and more into the project PSG are working on at the moment.”

The club have plenty of options in the centre-back position, with Alex, Mamadou Sakho, Diego Lugano and new €35 million signing Marquinhos vying for a spot alongside Thiago in the starting XI.

The former Milan defender remains under contract with PSG until summer 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment