Schweinsteiger targets No.6 role

The influential die Roten star has set his sights on being a holding midfielder this year as he believes it suits his abilities best
Bastian Schweinsteiger has told new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola he wants to play in the No.6 position this season.

The Germany international has impressed as a more withdrawn midfielder in recent years, but has also featured as attacking midfielder and winger.

However, he has now stressed the position just in front of his own defence is his preferred option.

"Playing in the No.6 position would fit my abilities best in my opinion," Schweinsteiger was quoted as saying by Kicker.

"I do know that I can also play in a more offensive role. I didn't always play in the same position last year either.

"I am used to being rather flexible, but I feel that the position in front of the defence suits me best."

Schweinsteiger has developed into one of Bayern's undisputed star players ever since former head coach Louis van Gaal moved him from the left wing to central midfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment