Thiago Silva says Rooney would be a 'quality addition' to Paris Saint-Germain

The Brazil captain would welcome the wantaway Manchester United forward in Paris as the saga surrounding his pending departure from Old Trafford continues.
Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva says he would welcome Wayne Rooney at the Ligue 1 champion next season following speculation surrounding the Manchester United striker's future.

Rooney handed in a second transfer request in less than three years near the end of last season, and Silva, who played against the striker in the Three Lions' recent 2-2 draw with Brazil, believes he would be a "quality addition" to PSG's squad.

"I love this player," Silva told reporters. "Whenever I have played against him he has scored. I would really like Rooney to sign for PSG.

"He would be a quality addition for us."

The Brazilian captain has also been linked with a move this summer but, instead, he has underlined his happiness and intention to stay at Parc des Princes.

"At the beginning of every summer it is said that I'll move to Barcelona. Last year it was the same thing," he added. "I am very happy at PSG and I hope to stay in Paris until the end of my contract in 2017."

No comments:

Post a Comment