Thiago Silva: I'll speak to Ibrahimovic before deciding my future

The Brazil defender has said he is devastated to see speculation linking Carlo Ancelotti to Real Madrid and will consider his own plans along with his teammate
Thiago Silva has revealed that he will speak to Zlatan Ibrahimovic before committing his future to Paris Saint-Germain.

The Brazil international admits that speculation linking coach Carlo Ancelotti with Real Madrid is proving unsettling, and claims he will discuss his plans with teammate Ibrahimovic once the Swede returns from holiday.

"Since I've been in Brazil, I haven't spoken to Ibra on the phone," explained the 28-year-old to Sky Sport Italia

"He's on holiday and I'm making sure to leave him be because he should be relaxing. I don't speak that often with him, but when he gets back from his holidays we'll surely talk about our future because it's something that's very important to us.

"I've always spoken with Carlo about my plans, because I came to Paris Saint-Germain largely for him and [sporting director] Leonardo. So the doubt surrounding him at the moment is hard to take. 

"I hope that an agreement will be reached as soon as possible, because the situation is tough for us players as well. We're hoping that next season we'll still have a strong team capable of fighting it out in the Champions League."

Thiago Silva has been linked with Barcelona and a possible return to AC Milan, but his agent recently insisted he would be staying with the Ligue 1 champion this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment