Suarez would relish Ronaldo link up

The Uruguayan has repeatedly hinted he would like to leave Anfield this summer in recent weeks, and has now suggested Santiago Bernabeu is his ideal destination
Luis Suarez has fuelled speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid by admitting he would like to play with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Suarez has strongly hinted in recent weeks that he is looking to leave Liverpool this summer, citing relentless negative media attention resulting from his numerous controversies as the cause of his unrest.

Spain is believed to be the Uruguayan's preferred destination, and on national television in his homeland he revealed he is excited by the prospect of linking up with Los Blancos' Portuguese superstar.

“Of course I would like to play with Cristiano Ronaldo - he is a great player," Suarez said. "You never know, but it is complicated.

“At the moment he is in Madrid and I am in Liverpool and I do not know what is going to happen.”

Suarez also took the time to express regret over his biting of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic - an act which earned him a 10-match ban from the Football Association.

“The incident with Ivanovic - I know I made a mistake, it was me, my fault, and he did not do anything to me,” he added.

“I was angry because I had given away a penalty for hand ball. I was the cause of the penalty against my team - I saw red and completely lost it. I can’t really explain it and I am so sorry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment