Pique: I want to retire with Barca

The Spain international has occasionally been linked with a return to England, but his heart is solely set on seeing out the remainder of his playing days at Camp Nou

Gerard Pique has confirmed he plans to stay at Barcelona for the rest of his career despite links with the Premier League.
The 26-year-old came under criticism following a series of perceived below-par performances last season, and reports in both Spain and England have suggested that a return to British football could appeal to the center back.
However, Pique insisted he was not interested in continuing his career abroad as he emphasized the affection he holds for his "home" in Catalunya, while appearing to suggest that his time outside of Barca ended once he left Manchester United.
"Barca are my family, my life. In life you never know, you cannot say you're not going to do. It's true that [my future] depends on many factors, but come on, the club are my life," he said at a press conference. "I was born in Barcelona, I live there, they're my family, my home and it's certainly where I want to stay."For most of my career, I've been here with the exception of a spell at Manchester United, but this is where I want to be for many more years and this is where I want to finish my career."

No comments:

Post a Comment