Ozil and Khedira thank Mourinho

The Germany internationals took to social media to express their gratitude to their former boss
Real Madrid stars Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira have thanked Jose Mourinho after the coach completed his return to Chelsea.

The Portuguese coach sealed his long-awaited move to Stamford Bridge on Monday after enduring a turbulent final year at the Santiago Bernabeu, in which he had reportedly fallen out with a number of playing staff towards the end of his three-year stay in the Spanish capital.

However, the 50-year-old seems to have retained the affections of the club's German contingent, Ozil and Khedira - both of whom were signed by Mourinho in 2010 - and the duo took to Facebook on Tuesday to express their gratitude to the much-maligned coach.

"Dear Jose Mourinho. Three years ago you took me to Real. In those three years you have taught me a lot and given me a lot of confidence. 

"For this, I would like to thank you and wish you all the best in the future," said Ozil.

Khedira added: "I want to thank him for the opportunity he gave me at Real. I want to thank him for the support he was given me. 

"He has always had my back, especially when I was attracting criticism from the press.

"I want to thank him. I was able to develop as a player under him at Real Madrid, and I have also matured as a person."

No comments:

Post a Comment