Neymar slows down Ronaldinho comparisons

The Brazilian attacker realizes that he still has plenty of work to do before he can match the Selecao icon and is also keen to team up with Lionel Messi next season.
Neymar has stressed that he still has a long way to go before he can be compared to former Barcelona starRonaldinho as he is still in the early stages of his career.

The Brazil international completed his transfer from Santos to Barca earlier this week and he is desperate to make a name for himself at the Catalan powerhouse, where Ronaldinho starred from 2003-08, winning FIFA World Player of the Year twice in that span along with a UEFA Champions League title.

"No one can compare to Ronaldinho. I remember his plays, his dribbles. I remember him winning every title at the Camp Nou," Neymar told the official Barcelona website. "He made history at Barca, he made history with Brazil and he’s still making history. In my case, I’m starting to make history, and I hope to leave my mark at Barca."

The 21-year-old then went on to praise new teammate Lionel Messi and is eagerly anticipating playing alongside the Argentine forward.

"Messi is a hero for me. He always has been, and he will continue to be," Neymar said. "I have the opportunity to play at his side and I’m sure it will be a marvellous experience. I’m very happy to help him continue being happy."

Neymar signed a five-year deal with Barca on Monday before re-joining the Brazil squad ahead of the Confederations Cup.

Meanwhile, Neymar has signed an image-rights agreement with David Beckham's publicist Simon Oliveira. The attacker’s management company, NR Sports, signed a deal until 2017 with the new Doyen Global unit of London-based hedge fund Doyen Group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment