Mata: Nobody at Chelsea has told me Mourinho wants me out

It has been claimed that 'The Special One' views the former Valencia man - along with Fernando Torres and David Luiz - as surplus to requirements
Juan Mata insists he has heard nothing from Chelsea or Jose Mourinho to suggest he might be sold this summer.

The Spain international was in scintillating form for the Blues last season, winning the club's player of the year award as well as being shortlisted by both the Professional Footballers' Association and the Football Writers' Association.

Recent reports, however, have suggested that Mourinho might consider Mata - along with Fernando Torres and David Luiz - to be expendable assets, as he looks to refine his squad.

But the former Valencia ace told Marca: "Nobody at Chelsea has told me that Mourinho wants me out.When I finished the season I was told that they were very happy with my performances and with the two years I've spent with the club. I have three years left on my contract. I'm very happy with Chelsea.

"Mourinho? I'd prefer to wait until I meet him and work with him before I judge him. That's simple logic."

Far from dwelling on transfer speculation, Mata is already setting targets for next season at Stamford Bridge, with winning the Premier League at the top of his agenda.

"We still need to win the Premier League," he insisted. "It's something I'd really like to do. It must be a great feeling to win a title that so many teams with so much history compete for."

Mata, who is currently on international duty at the Confederations Cup in Brazil, joined Chelsea from Valencia in August 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment