Cavani: Napoli situation is delicate

The forward was evasive over questions regarding his future and insists he hopes to sort everything out after the Confederations Cup is over
Napoli striker Edinson Cavani has described his summer situation as "delicate" as the likes of Manchester City and Real Madrid continue to be linked with a move for the Uruguayan.

The Celeste international has failed to impress at the Confederations Cup but his performances in anAzzurri shirt in Serie A in the past few seasons have caught the attention of a number of top European clubs.

With San Paolo president Aurelio De Laurentiis refusing to budge on the forward's €63 million contractual release clause price-tag, however, Cavani has been left frustrated but he is hoping to resolve everything with talks in July.

"Today the only thing I can think about is that I have a contract with Napoli. For now, Napoli are my club," he told Globo Esporte. "It is useless to talk about my future. I, the main protagonist in this transfer story, do not know anything.

"I just know that I'm at Napoli still and I have to go back there. I think once I have finished the Confederations Cup, I will have a few days of rest and then sort things out. I will return to Napoli and face the situation.

"It's a delicate situation without doubt. But these things I do not want to speak about in front of a camera."

Cavani, 26, has a contract with the Naples-based club until June 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment