Abidal eyes Guardiola reunion at Bayern Munich

The French fullback has expressed his interest in joining Die Roten and claims that, though nothing is settled, his former coach is extremely keen to bring him to Bavaria.
Eric Abidal says he wants to sign for Bayern Munich and that Pep Guardiola would be happy to welcome him to the club.

Abidal made an emotional return to the Barcelona first team in a 5-0 win over Mallorca in April after recovering from cancer surgery, but it was confirmed last month he would be leaving the Catalans at the end of the season.

Speaking to French football program Telefoot, the 33-year-old Abidal declared his intent to find a new club in the summer and says new Bayern Munich coach Guardiola is interested in signing him.

"Guardiola knows my situation and he would be delighted to have me on his team," Abidal said. "But the director and the chairman of Bayern have their words on the matter too.

"I would be pleased to join Bayern. I have a very good relationship with Franck Ribery. Bayern is among the best in Europe. Everything is possible. Do I have a preference? I don't. But Bayern would be good."

Abidal, who played 193 times for the Blaugrana after joining in 2007, also spoke about the possibility of him returning to Monaco, where he began his professional career.
 
"I don't know where I'll play next season yet," Abidal said. "But the most important thing is to have options such as Monaco. This is a move that would allow me to go full circle in my career."

No comments:

Post a Comment