Ribery: 'I slept with the Champions League trophy '

The Frenchman was celebrating his side's win over Borussia Dortmund until the early hours and had the European Cup alongside his wife in bed
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has revealed that he took the Champions League trophy to bed with him following his side's 2-1 final triumph over Borussia Dortmund.

The Bundesliga giants have reached the showpiece of the competition three times in the last four years but sealed their first European Cup since 2001 with victory over their rivals at Wembley on Saturday.

And Ribery revelled in his side's post-match celebrations into the early hours and ultimately took the cup home with him.

"I was up until five or six in the morning," he told Sky Sports News.

"I went to bed just before six and took the trophy with me. I had the trophy and my wife in bed with me last night."

Arjen Robben's late winner was enough to see off Dortmund, which had cancelled out Mario Mandzukic's opener with an Ilkay Gundogan penalty.

Bayern has the chance to complete its first-ever treble with a win over Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal final on June 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment