Ribery: I would turn down Real Madrid

The Frenchman has insisted that a summer move is not an option for him as he's keen to stay with the Champions League winner.
Franck Ribery has stressed that he is happy with life at Bayern Munich and added that he is not interested in a move to Real Madrid.

The France international was close to joining the Santiago Bernabeu side in the past and Madrid president Florentino Perez's announcement that Zinedine Zidane will be in charge of the club's transfers from this summer fuelled speculation that it could make another move for Ribery ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

However, Ribery has insisted that Zidane can save himself the time of getting in touch with the 30-year-old as he has no intention to leave his current club.

"If Zidane were to contact me, I would tell him that I'm feeling very good at Bayern and I think that he'd understand me," the winger told RMC.

"I almost joined Madrid in the past, but it did not happen and I am very pleased that I stayed at Bayern in the end."

Ribery has a contract with Bayern until June 2015, but he is believed to be close to inking a two-year extension to his current deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment