Neymar to be presented as a Barcelona player on Monday

The Brazil forward has sealed his move to Camp Nou from Santos and will undergo a medical before an official unveiling after the international match against England.
Neymar will be officially unveiled as a Barcelona player on Monday after he has played for Brazil in its match against England this weekend.

The Santos forward is currently with the national squad as it prepares for next month's FIFA Confederations Cup, but the Brazilian Football Federation has granted him permission to fly to Spain after the clash with Roy Hodgson's side on Sunday evening to complete the formalities of his move.

Firstly, Neymar will undergo a rigorous medical before putting pen to paper on his five-year contract, which has already been agreed along with the 28 milion euro transfer fee. Then, the 21-year-old will be presented at Camp Nou for photos in a Barca kit in an event both fans and the media have been invited to, before he takes part in a press conference.

After the formalities are completed, Neymar will travel back home to re-join the Brazil squad, which also has a friendly against France before the Confederations Cup opener against Japan on June 15. 

"I have butterflies in my stomach. This is a dream come true. To play with [Lionel] Messi and other amazing footballers at Barcelona has made me very eager to arrive there," Neymar said after the deal was announced. "It was a tough decision but I decided together with my family. They helped me amazingly. I'm very happy but at the same time I am sad for leaving a team [Santos] I have been with for years. I have to seize the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment